struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam_ha...@altavista.com>
Subject Quick question about iterators & beans on a page
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:39:46 GMT
Hi All,

I want to populate a table with data from a database, so presumably I create a bean on a jsp
which calls the database, and converts it and hands it to an iterator.

First, how do I make the data thread-safe? Is it thread-safe because it is in a jsp which
is therefore compiled into a local variable in its corresponding servlet?

Second, how do I get the user's ID in the bean? Do I pass it in to the bean constructor as
a parameter via the usebean tag, or do I pass in the session, or can I get the session somehow
in the bean (from getPageContext or similar)?

Thanks
Adam

http://www.shopping.altavista.com