struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam_ha...@altavista.com>
Subject Re: Quick question about iterators & beans on a page
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:01:59 GMT
Being a bit slow off the mark with this iterator tag. I've found all sorts of examples and
some stuff in the archives here but it's confused me more than helped me.

If I want a list displayed, no form, just data, the best place to get it is in a page context
bean, right?

Second, how do I access the page context or the session from within that bean?

I take it I don't want to create my own bespoke iterator tag, right?

Any help gratefully received.
<logic:falling fast>Adam</logic>

On Fri, 15 February 2002, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to populate a table with data from a database, so presumably I create a bean on
a jsp which calls the database, and converts it and hands it to an iterator.

> First, how do I make the data thread-safe? Is it thread-safe because it is in a jsp which
is therefore compiled into a local variable in its corresponding servlet?

> Second, how do I get the user's ID in the bean? Do I pass it in to the bean constructor
as a parameter via the usebean tag, or do I pass in the session, or can I get the session
somehow in the bean (from getPageContext or similar)?

http://www.shopping.altavista.com