struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam_ha...@altavista.com>
Subject Re: Order Validation Errors
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:33:38 GMT
I was just looking in the ActionErrors class myself and the ActionError objects are held in
a hashtable, which I think has no defined ordering system.

The messages which go into the ActionError though can have up to five substitution snippets,
so you could put all your validation messages in order into one blank message with five substitutions:

in your ApplicationResources.properties:

error.blank.5bits={0}{1}{2}{3}{4}

in your validation code:

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,
                       new ActionError("error.blank.5bits",
                                       "error1", "error2", etc...));

Actually it might only be four that it can handle, not 5.

Regards
Adam

http://www.shopping.altavista.com