struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam_ha...@altavista.com>
Subject Re: struts.jar outside of WEB_INF/lib on Tomcat4?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 11:54:54 GMT
I've often heard that you can't put struts.jar in CATALINA_HOME/lib but I've never heard anyone
say why it doesn't work.

Is it a bug?

On Fri, 15 February 2002, "Main, David" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Has anyone had success placing struts.jar in %CATALINA_HOME%/lib to share it across all
webapps? The reason I ask is that I have a shared library of utility classes in %CATALINA_HOME%/classes
and one of them needs to import struts for image upload.

> My problem is that the struts-based webapps only seem to work if struts.jar is in WEB-INF/lib,
but my utility class requires it to be in %CATALINA_HOME%/lib. And, if I put it in both places,
I get the following nasty linkage error:

> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/apache/struts/upload/FormFile violates loader constraints
>
> I know there are workarounds like duplicating the utility class for each webapp, but
I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com