struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam_ha...@altavista.com>
Subject Re: is ActionForm required for Action even if no form on page?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:27:39 GMT
On Tue, 19 February 2002, Victor Hadianto wrote:
> > I do need html:errors on the page, because in the Action I fetch data for
> > an iterate, and sometimes that goes wrong.
>
> The data that you fetch, IMO, should be stored in Struts' Form bean, thus for
> that page you might be better off using a form.

Hmm, OK, but that's not a solution or an explanation, that's just a work-around.

> > Currently I've got the following with a dummy form and an empty
> > dummy class, but if I get rid of the name attribute, it gives an
> > ActionError:
> >
> > <action    path="/questionSetList"
> >   type="com.siemens.csw.evote.QuestionSetListAction"
> >   name="questionSetListForm"
> >   scope="request"
> >   validate="false" >
> >   <forward name="success" path="/evote/questionsetlist.jsp"/>
> > </action>
> >

> You have to remove the "scope", and "validate" attributes as well, they only
> relevant for the Form bean.

I did. I still got the ActionError even with just the path and the type, and the forward.

Lots of people in the archives are saying you don't need a form bean, but without one it seems
you always get an ActionError. Is that so?

Adam

http://www.shopping.altavista.com