struts-user mailing list archives

From keithBacon <keithbaconstr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Form Bean problem
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:07:45 GMT
Maybe you aren't using the mapping you think you are?
I can' think why it would look for a getter if no form is specified.
Suggestions:-
1 - put debug message in constructor of your formBean & in reset - to prove
it's being used.
2 - In Action classes perform method print form.getClass().getName() - to see
which form bean you are using.
3 - Try to call the get method from the jsp with <bean:write
property=dateOfBirth" />
4 - try to call it from a scriptlet?
5 - Give up & drink 5 pints of Samel Smith's Museum Ale. Then notice you
accidentally had your property methods declared private.

>> I don't need to use an action form at all with this page.
You do if you have a form on the page don't you?

Good luck..