struts-user mailing list archives

From "McDowell, Mark" <McD...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: How can I use a background process with JBoss
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:14:55 GMT
It's not precisely a *background* thread, but you could use JMS.  Post a
message to a JMS queue, an EJB handles it and posts success/failure into
another queue for you to read.  This lets the app server handle the
threading...

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Storck [mailto:Dirk.Storck@cms.tecmath.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 7:17 AM
To: Jboss User (E-Mail); Struts User (E-Mail)
Subject: How can I use a background process with JBoss

Hi,

I want to do the following:

I have a ShoppingCart.
The users clicks on order and the items from the ShoppingCart are moved to
my OrderBean. ShoppingCart and OrderBean are EJB's.

Now it comes to the problem. The order must be proccessed in background
cause it will have a long durration.
After the order has be proccessed the user should be notived somehow.

How can I achieve this with JBoss and Struts ? What would be the best way to
implement this

Many thanks any any suggestions are welcome!!!