struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rustad, Aaron" <ARus...@Online-can.com>
Subject RE: i18n - Escape Codes....
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:16:48 GMT

From: Drew Sudell [mailto:Drew.Sudell@Trintech.com]
Sent: February 25, 2002 9:22 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: i18n - Escape Codes....

Actually, If you've installed the docs for your JDK, it's
in there as well.  The link I sent was just to Sun's browsable
copy of the docs.

If not, the quick usage is

 native2ascii [options] [inputfile [outputfile]]

if input file is omitted, stdin is the default.  If output file is omitted
stdout is the default.  The options are
  -reverse - reverse the sense of the conversion (ie convert from Ascii and
             escapes to the native encoding)
  -encoding encoding_name - defaults to system property file.encoding

Some encodings you might be interested in (the simple ones _ a few Russian)
are:

ASCII
ISO8859_1
ISO8859_5