struts-user mailing list archives

From "Main, David" <david_m...@Mitel.COM>
Subject struts.jar outside of WEB_INF/lib on Tomcat4?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:03:15 GMT
Hi there,

Has anyone had success placing struts.jar in %CATALINA_HOME%/lib to share it across all webapps?
The reason I ask is that I have a shared library of utility classes in %CATALINA_HOME%/classes
and one of them needs to import struts for image upload.

My problem is that the struts-based webapps only seem to work if struts.jar is in WEB-INF/lib,
but my utility class requires it to be in %CATALINA_HOME%/lib. And, if I put it in both places,
I get the following nasty linkage error:

java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/apache/struts/upload/FormFile violates loader constraints

I know there are workarounds like duplicating the utility class for each webapp, but I'm hoping
for a more elegant solution.

I'm using Tomcat4.0.1 on Win2K. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks,

David