struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: J2EE BluePrints and Struts
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:58:37 GMT
Oleg had a pager as part of his BeanFactory, but that was never made
part of the framework. Perhaps he will get back to that after the
ServiceManager work (Go Oleg!).

Generally, these type of model-centric patterns do not need be a part of
the core framework. The framework provides places where you can plug
into the model (Actions). And ways to pass control back and forth
between the View (struts-config elements). But the implementation of
something like paging is an excercise left to the developer.

A patterns-based approach to paging might be something I would put into
the optional Scaffold package, which has a number of
implementation-pattern type classes.