struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transaction Token check required before form populate
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:58:20 GMT
The autopopulation takes place before the ActionForm gets control, so
that's really not an option.

The request is passed to validate, and so you could put a token checker
there.

That does make a certain amount of sense, since it is after all a kind
of validation error.

But, returning people to input is usually not a solution, since you
usually have to take them someplace where they can recover from the
double-submit faux pas, and move a head. So the Action has to step in
and reroute the request.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/