struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request: Property vs Attribute
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:04:33 GMT
You might want to start with an ActionForm bean that represents the OK
dialog page.

This should include properties for a base forward and for a paramId and
param (like the html:link tag).

The Action for the OK button would then look for the given forward,

ActionForward baseForward = mapping.findForward(okForm.getForward());

and create a new forward, with the paramId and param properties,
something like

StringBuffer newPath = baseForward.getPath();
newPath.append("?");
newPath.append(okForm.getParamId());
newPath.append("=");
newPath.append(okForm.getParam());
return new ActionForward(newPath.getString());

See the HTML link code for a more robust implementation of this.
Ideally, something like this should be off in a utility package, so as
to not introduce HTTP nastiness into an otherwise pristine Action. =:o)

Be sure to create new ActionForward, since the mapping will return the
original instance used by the entire application.

HTH.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/