struts-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@jpnet.ch>
Subject Re: Datetime validation taglib for struts?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:44:56 GMT
Transformation mechanism for binary data, taking the date example.

Trying to deal with java.util.Date in Struts I have came to look for :

1. Validation mechanism
I tested the Struts Validator Ted mentioned. Centralized xml config, 18n
support, out of the box JavaScript for client side checks, ... great !

2. Transformation mechanism
I am looking for a way to benefit from java.util.Date automatic
population in ActionForm like Strings or primitive types are.

2.1 The actual properties conversion takes place in
org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils this might be extended to
support java.util.Date conversion.
2.2 Thanks to the Struts Validator it seems there is a generic way to
know which date pattern is used for which field at submission time.
The ActionServlet or as proposed "(...). A transformation plugin to the
Validator (...)" could exploit this to do any required request
parameters pre-processing to let ConverUtils always receive dates of a
similar pattern.

Do you think this could lead to a solution ?

Patrick

<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>