struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick question about iterators & beans on a page
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:25:25 GMT
The request, session, and application context objects are part of the
servlet specification.

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/servlets/overview/architecture.html

The Struts controller is not creating anything here, but simply making
use of a existing resource (provided for this exact purpose).

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/doc-1.0.2/userGuide/building_model.html#javabeans

HTH.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

Adam Hardy wrote:

> On Sat, 16 February 2002, Ted Husted wrote:
> >
> > The container gives each request its own thread.
> >
> > If the list is created with new in the action, and then placed into the
> > request, it is thread-safe. Just the same as if you had created it on
> > the JSP.
>
> So the request object that I can store stuff in is in fact just a local variable of some
controller class? That makes sense.