struts-user mailing list archives

From CyberZombie <CyberZom...@mediaone.net>
Subject Re: Development Environment
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:03:29 GMT
Trying not to cheer too much (just a satisfied user), Cygwin is a
complete *nix environment that runs as a Windows process.  I love
symbolic links, mounts, gcc, perl, awk and all the other tools --
especially the bash shell.  And I run it on every PC I use -- office and
home.  At home I have sshd (secure shell daemon - part of OpenSSH which
is included in Cygwin) and have no problems punching through any
corporate firewall to not only access my home PC, but (with the help of
TightVNC) bring up my home desktop remotely.

I like to think of Cygwin as a way of getting to me the most powerful
open source tools on the planet while still letting me use all of the
GUI tools I want when I have need for something more visual...

http://www.cygwin.com