struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Related Action Classes - Questions...
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:43:48 GMT
Most often, they would at least have their own ActionMapping. Whether
they share the same Action or not varies quite a bit, and often depends
on the needs of your business logic. Generally, the simplest thing is to
use the DispatchAction.

As a rule, it's best to minimize the number of Action classes, since
they are instantiated once and stay instantiated for the life of the
application.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services