struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confirmation Messages
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:45:22 GMT
I just use the same queue for both. Though, in the nightly build there's
a message tag that gives both a ActionErrors and ActionMessage queuue.
In practice, messages of any ilk are usually displayed in the same
place, so it's easier just to use the same tag. The user won't know the
difference.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Kalpana RamiReddy wrote:

> Hi,
> I am builing an application where the Action class has to return a confirmation message
to the jsp. How can I do this using the struts framework.  I know how to return an error messege
in the <html:error> tag but I also need to display a confirmation message to the user.
 Currently I am simply passing the message as a parameter on the ActionForward, is there a
better way to do this?