struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confirmation Messages
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:19:18 GMT
Yes, what the header says, or doesn't say, is up to you.

The Messages tag in the nightly build makes it easy to send both
messages and "errors" to the same page at the same time, and then render
them differently, if you want.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/kickstart.html#release

Adam Hardy wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> What's the ETA for a release containing a message tag / queue / ActionMessage?
>
> Actually I'm not sure I get what you're implying - at present in the current release,
the user does know the difference between a message and an error immediately, because of the
error.header. Oops, I've just realised I can set that to blank by removing it from the application
resources file. Is that what you mean?

> Regards
> Adam
>
> On Sat, 23 February 2002, Ted Husted wrote:
>

> > I just use the same queue for both. Though, in the nightly build there's
> > a message tag that gives both a ActionErrors and ActionMessage queuue.
> > In practice, messages of any ilk are usually displayed in the same
> > place, so it's easier just to use the same tag. The user won't know the
> > difference.
> >
> > -- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
> > -- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
> > -- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
> > -- Web: http://husted.com/about/services
> >

> > Kalpana RamiReddy wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am builing an application where the Action class has to return a confirmation
message to the jsp. How can I do this using the struts framework.  I know how to return an
error messege in the <html:error> tag but I also need to display a confirmation message
to the user.  Currently I am simply passing the message as a parameter on the ActionForward,
is there a better way to do this?