struts-user mailing list archives

From "Low, Liang" <l...@opticalsolutions.com>
Subject RE: How to set attribute via submit
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:40:22 GMT
I don't think there is a way to set different value for the submit's value
and its label. The syntax for an HTML submit is <INPUT type="submit"
name="myProp" value="myValue"></INPUT>. Looks like it's impossible to
differentiate them. At first I thought struts's <html:submit> will have some
magical way of doing it but no.

You migth have to find a different way to handle multiple submits in one
form.

Liang

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Colic [mailto:Alex.Colic@pop-ware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:55 PM
To: Struts
Subject: How to set attribute via submit

Hi,

I have a form with a couple of buttons. The form is submitted to a
navigation action class that just looks at an action parameters and forwards
the request. I want created a series of submit buttons with the same
property but different values. If I set the value property of the tag then
that is displayed as the text of the button. What I need to do is set the
property and value of the button with a different String for the text
displayed on the button.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex