struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Fung <iggs...@netspace.net.au>
Subject Action errors disappear ?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:01:29 GMT
I am displaying errors using the ActionErrors facility and everything shows
up nicely using the <html:errors property="xxx"/> tag.
However I have some local links to anchor points on the same web page ie. a
have a nav bar which, when clicked on , will take you to another spot on
the page. I've noticed that if the page has errors and I use one of these
links, I get directed to the right place on the page but I lose all the
error messages. I've noticed that the first local link seems to force an
action in tomcat as though it's going to the server but after that all the
hyperlinks seem local and don't go to the server anymore. Unfortunately I
have lost the messages at this point

My question is : Can I use my local links to local anchor points without
losing all the error messages ? I assume that the error messages are sent
as response parameters and when the server gets a hit and replies, there
are no such error messages attached to the response so the effect is that I
'lose' the errors.

TIA

Eddie