struts-user mailing list archives

From Bill Page <Bi...@DigitalGarden.com>
Subject RE: best practices for logging in
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:39:44 GMT
I use a variant on 2.  I have my own action, but I don't use an
unimplemented method (which I wouldn't do in this case anyway, would
implement it with a default, probably not requiring login , that would
depend on the project).  Instead I use the parameter in the config to do
this (my config parameters are set up to allow multiple values using a
key1=value1;key2=value2 syntax).  My action class also forward using a
global forward named needslogin (orsomething like that).That way you can
simply change the config file if you want to tighten or loosen the login
requirements.  Obviously some actions will require a login because of
database access, but those that don't can come and go as your customer
wants.