struts-user mailing list archives

From Yunming...@mergent.com
Subject RE: is indexed="true" working on Struts 1.0?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:30:50 GMT
Thank you.
Can I use part of the nightly code for indexed form objects? What files
should be replaced? I don't want my stuff to be messed up too much. It's a
working application and it's working, at least.

Now what I did to keep the array objects is that I used a hashtable in
Action to kepp it in the session and asign each form a form id and put it
into the hashtable with the array of object "user". It's ugly.  and I can't
change multiple user's name or password at once. I can only do delete one
and add one.
I want to keep the array of users in the Form, and hopefully editable.

Yunming

-----Original Message-----
From: dhay@lexmark.com [mailto:dhay@lexmark.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 12:52 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: is indexed="true" working on Struts 1.0?

no.  nightly build required til 1.1 released.

Dave

Yunming.Li%mergent.com@interlock.lexmark.com on 02/01/2002 10:19:35 AM

      <struts-user%jakarta.apache.org@interlock.lexmark.com>

To:   struts-user%jakarta.apache.org@interlock.lexmark.com
cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  is indexed="true" working on Struts 1.0?

I have an array of object in myForm, say, users. Each user has a name, a
password ...
I want to put these fields as <html:text name="user" property="name"
indexed="true"/> and can be submited.
Is there any way to do so with Struts 1.0? or I have to use Struts 1.0.1?

I tried it on Struts 1.0 and got an error:

....editUser.jsp(236,5) Attribute indexed invalid according to the specified
TLD

Thank you for any help.