struts-user mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Development Environment
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:06:18 GMT
>>>>> "CyberZombie" == CyberZombie  <CyberZombie@mediaone.net> writes:

    CyberZombie> Trying not to cheer too much (just a satisfied user), Cygwin is a complete
*nix environment that runs as a Windows process.  I love symbolic links, mounts, gcc, perl,
awk and all the other tools --
    CyberZombie> especially the bash shell.  And I run it on every PC I use -- office and
home.
    CyberZombie> At home I have sshd (secure shell daemon - part of OpenSSH which is included
in
    CyberZombie> Cygwin) and have no problems punching through any corporate firewall to
not
    CyberZombie> only access my home PC, but (with the help of TightVNC) bring up my home
    CyberZombie> desktop remotely.

You can even get XFree86 running on it so you can build and run X
applications.