struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Traffic
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:27:17 GMT
It's going to get worse.  Nevertheless, you will never be able to manage the
number/technical level of users in an open forum.  SERVLET-INTEREST became
too congested with basic setup and config questions by people too lazy to
search the archive for an answer (and how many scores of questions have been
asked here regarding ActionForm in just the past 2 weeks?) so a few guys
created ADVANCED-SERVLET-INTEREST and began regulating the level of users.

One thing that helped, however, was being brutally blunt with obviously lame
users and telling them to STFA (search the f*cking archives), STFW (...web)
and RTFM.  This started a couple of flame wars, and the Sun moderator
finally had to banish a few people, but the quality and quantity of posts
changed considerably for the better.

I'm not suggesting that's an answer, but my delete key has been getting a
lot of attention lately....

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: cody.burleson@studiointeractive.com
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 9:36 PM

Well, it's not dibilitating. I can hack it.  I guess I'm neutral on this
one.

- Cody

"Barr, Scott [IBM GSA]" <Scott.Barr@team.telstra.com> on 02/11/2002
08:01:41 PM

I disagree. Most messages are relatively small, and so long as people dont
send attachments there generally isn't too much of a problem.
The delete key is a great filter :)

Scott