struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Loading pdf files using jsp
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:11:41 GMT
Adobe used to have a Java library but there were so many issues with it (and
Adobe did not support it) that they removed it from their downloads.

http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/51759.htm

I would suggest a Google search, however, because I know many people have
asked this question (including me) over the years and someone is bound to
have written one by now.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: cody.burleson@studiointeractive.com
[mailto:cody.burleson@studiointeractive.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 10:04 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Loading pdf files using jsp

Maybe you meant that you wanted to "WRITE" a PDF file from JSP?  Loading a
PDF file from a JSP is no different than loading any other web page from
JSP. If the client browser has the Adobe Acrobat plugin installed, any
hyperlink to PDF files will spawn the PDF file in the requesting browser.
You may need to ensure that your server is configured to accepct the PDF
mime-type, but other than that, it's a simple deal.

To write PDF's dynamically, there is a Java library that you can obtain
that is free. You'll have to dig for it though, cause I simply cannot
remember the name or where to get it. There are also numerous commercial
libraries that assist with writing dynamic PDF's on the server.

- Cody

Arun_Kumar_N@sifycorp.com on 02/12/2002 04:27:32 AM

Please respond to Struts Users Mailing List
      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Loading pdf files using jsp

Hello,