struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Struts jar
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:35:33 GMT
Sounds like you got the struts.jar virus from the rogue jakarta site; it
randomly reconfigures your server's classpath.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Latty [mailto:joe@team2media.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 12:02 AM

This is driving me insane, first up I had the classic
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. Trolling through the archives I found that I
must not have struts.jar in the lib directory of the webserver only in the
WEB-INF directory of the application.

After a few days it goes belly up once again, I cannot figure it out I go
searching my entire machine for struts.jar I find a copy in netbeans/lib/ext
(go figure). I nuke the offending jar. Reinstall resin (the webserver), I
wouldn't run, and then recompile the app. It worked until today, now the
problem has returned.

I have nuked every instance of struts.jar on my machine (except of course
the one in the application lib directory). Everything compiles but it will
not run. The irony is that if I drop one of the war files in the webapps
directory it works (I think this is just to make me feel worse).

The current error is

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/util/GenericDataSource

but if I take out the load-on-startup it will just be anything from the
org/apache/struts package

Joe