struts-user mailing list archives

From "MacKellar, Kimberly" <Kimberly.MacKel...@tfn.com>
Subject RE: Form -> Bean conversion
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:54:02 GMT
I have instances of beans within the ActionForm and then access them with
the name of the bean and the name of the property in the bean when using
them in the JSP.  The only problem is having non-Strings in the bean. You
need to do some sort of conversion within the ActionForm to get around this.

Kimberly MacKellar

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Corro [mailto:john.corro@cornerstone.net]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 2:53 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Form -> Bean conversion

We have a bunch of existing beans that we'd like to use w/ ActionForms.  For
each bean we'll need to obviously expose the getters/setters in the
corresponding ActionForm.  The ideal scenario we'd like to see happen is
prevent the ActionForms from having all the corresponding getters/setters
hardcoded into it.  We're ok w/ coding the validate() method for each class
by hand, but we'd like to avoid having to code each ActionForm w/ a
getter/setter (even if it is templated out for us by a Struts plug in or
even a custom written batch file).

Has anyone implemented something like this?