struts-user mailing list archives

From "MacKellar, Kimberly" <Kimberly.MacKel...@tfn.com>
Subject RE: Form -> Bean conversion
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:22:45 GMT
You will have a getter and setter for the bean. Then in the jsp you will
access the bean something like

Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: John M. Corro [mailto:john.corro@cornerstone.net]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 3:18 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Form -> Bean conversion

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I'm not sure if that will do what we're hoping
for....

When you use the html:form tag (and corresponding input tags from the html
tag lib) on a JSP page there's error checking to make sure you have a
corresponding get/set method in the ActionForm.  If we have the original
bean as an instance variable in the ActionForm and have no other
getters/setters hardcoded into the ActionForm, won't that cause a
compile-time error on the JSP?