struts-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Haring <Har...@furore.com>
Subject RE: ActionForm Defaults/Updates Question
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:36:00 GMT
> That's what I do to.
> Putting initialisation logic (like setting defaults) in the
> form makes it a
> very strange object. Partly a Utility for passing data
> between Forms & Action
> classes & partly a controller fetching data from the model to make it
> accessible to the JSP. The second part there is the job of
> the Action class.
> Keep Form Beans Clean!

Ok, but how do you handle generated errors.
If the validate finds an error in an input field, it will display the form
again, without going through any action.
So how can you set the setted variables back again to their states. I
encountered this when I was using a list with values from a database passed
on the parameter a user passed in combination with an input form.
If the validate encountered an error, I got a no collection found.
I solved this by saving the formbean in the session and if validate
generated errors I retrieved the formbean from the session again in a temp
bean and copied the list values from the previous bean back in the new one.

Gr
Ronald

Furore B.V.
Rijswijkstraat 175-8
Postbus 9204
1006 AE Amsterdam
tel. (020) 346 71 71
fax. (020) 346 71 77

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer