struts-user mailing list archives

From "John Menke" <j...@eagleinfosystems.com>
Subject RE: Expresso, Tiles and Multiple Controlers
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:43:52 GMT
I will give it a try today.

Cedric had some advice that I will try to follow:

For Tiles, ActionComponentServlet do following things :

   * initialize Tiles by a call to a method
initComponentDefinitionsMapping().
     You can copy/paste the appropriate method.
   * catch any call to RequestDispatcher.include or forward.
     Each of these calls are replaced by a call to a new method
     processForward(...). This method do all Tiles job in ActionServlet.

  In original Struts Servlet, calls to include and forward are located  in
processActionForward(...) and processValidate(...). So, Tiles provide a copy
of
these methods, with appropriate replacement for include or servlet.

-john