struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sarah Farrell" <someone0...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CLASSPATH, env, lib, jars and all that
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:07:53 GMT
This is a great question.  I've been thinking about the same issues.  I've
been working on several projects here and I've migrated from Tomcat to
IIS/ServletExec to Orion.  At one point, I put most of my jar files in
WEB-INF/lib which were "found" by IIS but not by Orion.

Then I started working with another developer on one of the projects and we
needed to share the same environment.  So we put the jar files out on a
network directory.  He uses Ant to build, I use a bat script which sets the
CLASSPATH at the beginning.  Currently we're using Sun's servlet.jar.

Any better suggestions would be appreciated!