struts-user mailing list archives

From "Knoll, Zach" <Zach.Kn...@sothebys.com>
Subject RE: "if" tag
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:20:33 GMT
I totally agree with you. The only issue/desire that I have is that because
scriplets can get easily out of hand by developers with little patience or
time to learn tags, I would love it if we could enforce the JSP compiler to
only compile XML compliant JSP's thereby forcing the developer to not code
with scriplets. Of-course the downside is that if we do this we will have to
use tags for everything including simple "if's" on the other hand though, we
will guarantee that the JSP's will not have 100's of lines of un-readable
scriplets which outweighs the negatives by an exponential factor. Therefore
if my dream should ever come true we will need the "if" tag.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gibbons [mailto:jonathan.gibbons@db.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 12:06 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: "if" tag

How can

<logic:if   name="blah" value="xxx">

<logic:else>
</logic:else>
</logic:if>   (or whatever)

be better.  It's just different, but not better, and scriptlets are evil
when they go mad and get out of hand, they are not evil of themselves.

Jonathan

From: "Mattos, John" <jmattos@Indemand.com> on 12/02/2002 11:52 EST

<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Ya think?

Well, if that's true, forget it. I'll just use scriptlets, although I feel
like we're mixing too much java that way.

John