struts-user mailing list archives

From Ian Beaumont <IBeaum...@categoric.com>
Subject Nesting Tiles within each other problem
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:36:27 GMT
I have a page, which uses <tiles:insert> to insert another page that also
has a <tiles:insert>.  Is this possible?  I just keep getting a servlet
exception.  Below is a simplified example of what I'm doing.

base.jsp
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert attribute="body"/>

middle.jsp
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert attribute="anotherBody"/>

top.jsp

>From tiles definition
    <definition name="/baseLayout" path="/base.jsp">
      <put name="body" value=""/>
    </definition>

    <definition name="/middleLayout" extends="/baseLayout">
      <put name="body" value="/middle.jsp"/>
      <put name="anotherBody" value=""/>
    </definition>

    <definition name="/top" extends="/middleLayout">
      <put name="anotherBody" value="/top.jsp"/>
    </definition>

The error I get on trying to display the page 'top' is:
ServletException in:/middle.jsp] Error - Tag Insert : No value found for
attribute 'anotherBody'.'
Thanks
Ian Beaumont