struts-user mailing list archives

From "Glennon, Bryan" <Bryan.Glen...@htc.com>
Subject <html:submit> and <bean:message>
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:07:59 GMT
Hi -
    I am trying to use a message (found by using <bean:message>) to set the
value in an <html:submit> tag. What I want to do is this:

		<bean:message key="label.value1"/>

    Setting the label works fine, but the value attribute either complains
about quoting or puts the literal <bean:...> string in as the value. I have
tried various combinations of single, double, and escaped quotes, but I
can't find the correct combination. Is this even possible? What I am trying
to accomplish is to not have to specify the same constant in multiple places
(in this case in the jsp page which has multiple html:submit> tags and the
Action routine that does the processing.) Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Bryan