struts-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Chew" <keith.c...@jungledrum.co.nz>
Subject RE: changing from *.do to /do/* screws up everything?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:57:24 GMT

I have a SuccessAction which only has one line in the perform() method:

return mapping.findForward ("success");

This action is used for pass-through pages, including index.jsp.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Field-Elliot [mailto:bryan_lists@netmeme.org]
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2002 9:54 a.m.
Subject: Re: changing from *.do to /do/* screws up everything?

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 11:56, Ted Husted wrote:
> It originally came up in response to inquiries about how to enforce MVC.
> If all the JSPs are under WEB-INF, then the only possible way to get to
> them is through an action. Users can't just bookmark a JSP and pop into
> the middle of something.
>
> Though, if you self-impose the recommended model of linking only to
> actions, the value of actually storing the pages under WEB-INF
> diminishes, since the address of the page is never directly exposed to
> the user.

So Ted, one small gap in my Struts knowledge (in terms of
best-practices) is, what's the recommended way to build a pass-through
Action which really does just display a JSP page?

I have a "signup.jsp" form, which for the sake of this discussion, is
going to be underneath WEB-INF. I really don't need any processing in an
action to execute prior to displaying the form -- I just want to link to
the (empty) form. Since I can't link directly to it, I need some kind of
really shallow Action to get at it. How do you usually build this?

Bryan