struts-user mailing list archives

From Ken.H...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: speed of struts
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:01:12 GMT
I'm curious as to the limit here. I'm currently building an app which
has huge form requirements - I may have upwards of 500 fields as html
text inputs -- very spreadsheet like. Where is the limitation?
Rendering into html, or parsing the request into beans? I've had not
problems so far with rendering speed, though I'm using Mozilla, so
browser speed hasn't been noticable to far..

-----Original Message-----
From: husted
Sent: 06 February 2002 13:50
To: struts-user
Cc: husted
Subject: Re: speed of struts

This comes up fairly often, and around 50 does seem to be a cut-off
point for some reason. A number of things can affect the speed the form
renders, including the browser and, as mentioned, the JVM.

One interesting thing would be to try the same page under VelServlet.

http://husted.com/struts/resources/velservlet.htm

This is a drop-in extension, and you can mix and match Velocity
templates with JSPs in the same application.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

Struts wrote:

> I found out that if I include a lot of html form fields in a form
(over 50). The jsp pages seems to be awfully slow to load (almost 10
seconds). I made it a little bit faster when I converted all radio
button sets to drop down list, still it is very slow. The speed to load
up seems to exponentially related to the number of form fields.

> Has anybody got the same problem?

For additional commands, e-mail:

related financial instruments.