struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Latty" <...@team2media.com>
Subject RE: Struts jar
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:18:10 GMT
Thanks for the help. Keith yes it is a right royal pain in the Java.

I have fired up Tomcat and it works with Tomcat (still wont work with Resin
however), so I am continuing development on Tomcat, knowing full well that
it is to be deployed with Resin as the web server.

As Dr Smith would say, "Oh the pain".

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith [mailto:keithbaconstruts@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 15 February 2002 10:00 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts jar

can't help you mate - but full sympathies.
I reckon the laws of cause & effect got a bit fuzzy on the server side.
This multiple class loaders thing is a real pain in java. I reckon it's a
problem in the design of the language. It creates a mighty trap that catches
people again & again. We are in the pioneering days of web development so
much
pain to be endured.

When my app broke but the examples work try:-
1 - copy struts-stub to a new name.
2 - restart the server to deploy it.
3 - move my app into this new app.
It would work. That way I never really found out what was wrong - but never
wasted lots of time learning to be a server guru.

good luck. - Keith