struts-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Maré <l...@webtothemax.com>
Subject REPOST: Multiple file upload not possible due to MultiPartRequestHandler limitation?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:28:24 GMT
File upload of a single file with Struts 1.0.2 seems to work OK. But it
fails for multiple files. Note: I mean 1 <INPUT TYPE="FILE"> tag where the
user selects *multiple* files (Opera and IE allow this), not multiple <INPUT
TYPE="FILE"> tags!

The MultipartRequestHandler doesn't seem to support this, since it
getFileElements() returns FormFiles in a hashtable, and cannot therefore
handle more than 1 FormFile for each input name.

The only way around this is to put multiple INPUT tags on the page, whicih
is a problem when I want to allow the user to upload a lot of (small) files.

If I'm not correct, how does one handle this?

TIA

Marcel Maré