struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert D. Morse" <rmo...@mdesignz.com>
Subject Null Pointer Exception with Validator MessagesTag.java:253
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:38:08 GMT
I'm integrating the validator into an existing Struts application.  The
validation works properly (i.e., it checks for proper of length, content,
etc., of fields that I specify), however, when it comes to printing the
messages to the user, I get a NPE in MessagesTag.doStartTag:253
(pageContext.setAttribute(id, msg)).

In my jsp file I have:

<logic:messagesPresent>
	<bean:message key="errors.header"/>
		<li><bean:write name="error"/></li>
</logic:messagesPresent>

I know that the <logic:messagesPresent> works properly because everthing is
fine when the page first displays.  It's obvious to me that it's with the
'id="error"', but quite frankly, I'm not sure what it should be or how to
fix it.  Thanks.