struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Means" <cme...@intfar.com>
Subject Checkbox state not changing after "checked on"
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 21:49:48 GMT
I'm having a problem with setting check box states on my form.

I have a checkbox on my form, it's supposed to be "checked" if muting is
occurring, and not checked otherwise.

The user just needs to click the checkbox to change/toggle the state.

However, I only seem to get an Action setting if the checkbox is not
checked...any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Shouldn't the property be set
regardless of the state of the object?

My JSP:

                       onclick="this.form.submit ()" />Mute

My FormBean:

  public void setMute (boolean newMute)
  {
    mute = newMute ;
    action = "mute" ;
  }

My ActionForm:

    ControlPanelForm cp = (ControlPanelForm) form ;

    String action = cp.getAction () ;

    System.out.println ("Action: " + action) ;

    if ("mute".equals (action))
      api.mute () ;

    status.refresh () ;

    cp.setMute (status.isMuted ()) ;

    return (mapping.findForward ("success"));

TIA.

-Chris