struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark_Glat...@Instinet.com
Subject App Design
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:10:00 GMT
Hi all,
             I am thinking of structuring an application as follows, and
would appreciate any advice and ideas of how to do this:

There will be two frames.  First is a navigation frame where the user
presses a button to determine the JSP that is loaded into the second frame.
Each possible JSP for the second frame will have form.  If a user is
entering data into the form, and then presses a button on the navigation
frame to go to a different jsp/form,  I want to save the partially entered
form data from the page the user is leaving.  Then when the user goes back
to the first page they can continue where they left off.

I have been prototyping an idea; the navigation frame uses JavaScript to
submit the form and redirect the old page to the new desired page.  So far
I have accomplished that when the form is submitted the action does not
really do anything, so the form data is saved in the bean.  But how do I
accomplish the redirect?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Mark Glatzer

<<Disclaimer>>

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or
CONFIDENTIAL or both.

This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.

If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have
received this email in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

immediately by return mail and permanently deleting the copy
you received.

Thank you.