struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Pilgrim" <peter.pilg...@db.com>
Subject Dynamic Properties and Database
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:11:16 GMT

HI

I have had a look Jan Sorenson's  Dynamic Properties contribution

http://husted.com/struts/resources/DynamicProperties.htm

How useful is this code for reading from and writing to arbitary database
tables. It sounds like I can map any database column name to
an action form property.

For example given the SQL table

create table COFFEE (
     coffee_id integer,
     coffee_name    varchar(null),
     coffee_desc    varchar(null),
     . . . )

Mapped to action form accessor and mutator

     public int getCoffee_Id() ;
     public void  setCoffee_Id( int ) ;
     . . .

It looks a bit nasty especially the underscores but I think it could work.

Comments

--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923

............................................ Swamped under electionic mails

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.