struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Weis <djw...@sjdjweis.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 and Tiles
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:11:50 GMT

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Cedric Dumoulin wrote:
>   I have just updated Tiles to let them run with latest Struts nightly build
> (1.1dev). This update add a new TilesRequestProcessor class. The struts-tiles.war
> (or tiles-doc.war) are modified in order to take into account the new struts1.1
> mechanism.
>   You can download new Tiles distributions from Tiles home site (choose
> development version), or wait for Struts next nightly build.

Hi Cedric

I just downloaded tiles from your site and am proceeding to learn a few
things. Is org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction updated to use the
tiles functionality? I tried the line below and got an error:

<action path="/admin/message/read"
        type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
        parameter="dave.test" />

Error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: path must be absolute: `dave.test'

Is this a known problem or am I doing something incorrectly?

dave