You might want to start with an ActionForm bean that represents the OK dialog page. This should include properties for a base forward and for a paramId and param (like the html:link tag). The Action for the OK button would then look for the given forward, ActionForward baseForward = mapping.findForward(okForm.getForward()); and create a new forward, with the paramId and param properties, something like StringBuffer newPath = baseForward.getPath(); newPath.append("?"); newPath.append(okForm.getParamId()); newPath.append("="); newPath.append(okForm.getParam()); return new ActionForward(newPath.getString()); See the HTML link code for a more robust implementation of this. Ideally, something like this should be off in a utility package, so as to not introduce HTTP nastiness into an otherwise pristine Action. =:o) Be sure to create new ActionForward, since the mapping will return the original instance used by the entire application. HTH. -- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY USA. -- Java Web Development with Struts. -- Tel +1 585 737-3463. -- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/ Andreas Mack wrote: > > On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 02:19, Ted Husted wrote: > > I have a question along these lines: > Quite often I have thing like an acknowledge page, very much > like an Ok Dialog: "The password has been changed successfully. > OK". I'm toying with the idea of generalize > this by having an "OKAction" and an okdialog.jsp where I parametrize > or attributize the message and the forward (yes, this is bad, routing > outside of struts-config.xml). > > It works, but only sub-optimal, because to return to a specific page > "/userdetail.do" requires the uid field. Somehow this should be within > the generic okdialog.jsp. I'd like to have a collection of parameters > set which are dynamically added to the okdialog.jsp in hidden fields, > but hidden::name/property seems to be "static". Any hints here ? Am I > down a wrong road ? How do others do these quite generic dialogs ? > > Thanks! > > -- > Andreas Mack > mediales. GmbH http://www.mediales.de > > -- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: > For additional commands, e-mail: -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: