struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Jones" <alex.jo...@unclealex.co.uk>
Subject RE: Tab Libraries? Bah!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:00:27 GMT
I agree, but business time requirements don't always allow you to
produce the perfect solution to a problem. I'd much rather have
something that works very well but not perfectly than nothing at all.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Osowski [mailto:josowski@fulltilt.com]
Sent: 24 April 2002 20:15
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Tab Libraries? Bah!

<bitchSession>
This kind of thing has really bothered me about Tag libs.  The whole
point
of them is to keep HTML code as simple and clean as possible right?

But if you have to break down and use the <%%> snippets inline, does it
not
make the whole process self defeating?  In my mind using <%%> snippets
and
tag libraries is more confusing then just using snippets alone,
spaghetti
code be damned.

We're trying to take the programmer out of the equation, but as long as
the
tag libraries are implemented half ass, your not going to do anything
but
make the whole process more confusing and frustrating.

</bitchSession>

Thoughts?