struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Sijpkes" <pa...@hsd.com.au>
Subject RE: iteration tag
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:33:16 GMT
It is derived from a bean you have placed, in your case, in session scope.
You can do this by using the <bean:define /> tag or by defining the
bean inside an actionBean or another bean by using the request.getSession()
command.  You can also place beans in request scope by using request.setAttribute()
and in application scope by using servlet.getContext().setAttribute().

If all I have just said makes absolutely no sense to you I suggest sticking
to the bean:define tag or the standard jsp:useBean tag.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
Paul.

PS Dave Matthews band rocks!

-----Original Message-----
From: bluetooth [mailto:days_81@lycos.com]
Sent: Monday, 8 April 2002 5:43 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: iteration tag

Hi All
I need to know where the "name" in the iteration tag is derived from coz when i attempt to
retrieve it from session inside my JSP, it prompts me "cannot find bean announcement in scope
session".

<logic:iterate id="list" name="announcement" property="announcementList" scope="session">

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp