struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: *.do ---- Proof of Concepts
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:26:28 GMT
Mark made a good point about omitting the name. I double checked with
another app we wrote and I left the name in the tag, but it didn't cause
any 'harm'; again no beans or actions.

You are correct that many tags won't work without using formbeans, such
as the html:form tag (unless it's changed). We did one app that was a
read only app and hence no form beans were used, but we had actions that
invoked our script engine for doing DB stuff, but again, we still had
.do urls with no actions or form beans in them.

- Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Vanzin [mailto:vanza@rededc.com.br]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 4:09 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: *.do ---- Proof of Concepts

Robert wrote:
 > <action name="searchCustomer" path="/searchCustomer"
 > forward="/searchCustomer.jsp" />
 >
 > where the url would be searchCustomer.do and there are no actions and
 > no formbeans for the resulting page (searchCustomer.jsp).

	Interesting, I did not know this. But, you say that no form
beans are
created. Is that so? What about the "name" attribute?

	The original poster wanted this to be able to use the Struts
tags without
going through an action. But, if using this the form bean is not
created, many tags will not work. (BTW, I just checked the DTD, and it
says no action is instantiated, but says nothing about form beans).

--
[]'s
Marcelo Vanzin

For additional commands, e-mail: