struts-user mailing list archives

From Edward Muller <emul...@learningpatterns.com>
Subject Re: [Somewhat OT] Sending HTML email using struts/java/javamail
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:37:29 GMT
All of the form data is in a form been and I don't know of any way to
pass that to a URLConnection.

Also ... I don't want to email the form. I am emailing something that
looks like the form, but instead of a textarea and the like ... I need
to put the results of the form.

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 23:08, Jeffrey Bonevich wrote:
> Could you open an InputStream on an URLConnection on the jsp page, then
> read that stream into the mail object?  That would be one way to do it
> and leverage the existing app.
>
> jeff
>

> Edward Muller wrote:
>
> > I have an internal application that needs to send a html email
> > (management choice, not mine). The application is a mini struts
> > application, but I need to manually format the html email using a large
> > string and constantly appending to it and then I send the email via
> > javamail.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a better way?
> >
> > I'd like to just pass my form bean to another jsp, get the results back
> > (formatted as HTML) and then use javamail to send the email...
> >

> --
> Jeffrey Bonevich
> Ann Arbor, Michigan
> bonevich@telocity.com
> http://www.bonevich.com
>
> Hwæt! Wë Gär-Dena   in geär-dagum,
> peod-cyninga,       prym gefrünon,
> hü ða aepelingas   ellen fremedon!

Edward Muller - Director of Information Services
LearningPatterns.com Inc.

Mobile: 973.715.0230
   NYC: 212.487.9064 x115

Email/Jabber: emuller@learningpatterns.com