struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject multiple values to check in logic tag?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:53:27 GMT
Is there a way to check multiple values on one line using such logic
tags like "notEqual" or "present" ? I'm trying to convert a JSP over
using struts tags and it's not going so well because I end up having
all these logic tags all nested within each other. For example say I
don't want to display a row of state information if the database query
comes back missing a city, state, or zip code. In my page I have:

if ( city != null && state != null && zip != null)
{
  out.println( city + ", " +state + " " +zip+"<BR>");
}

How do I accomplish the above in a clean fashion using the logic tags?

It gets even worse when I have to accomplish:

if ( manLastName != null && !manLastName.equals("DUMMY") &&
     manFirstName != null &&  !manFirstName.equals("DUMMY") )
{
  out.println( "MP: "+manFirstName + " " + manLastName+"<BR>");
}

Ideally it would be nice if you could pass multiple parameters into a
logic property attribute like...
<logic:notEqual name="store" property="state,city,areaCode" value="">
Which in the above would check all of those properties for not being
an empty string? Is what I'm asking for possible with in struts?

Thanks for any help.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net

"The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to
me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was
- and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there
were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as
we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we
called Dad.' We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went
home. I guess some things never leave you."
  -Jack Handey