struts-user mailing list archives

From Sanjay Choudhary <java...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error in overiding the validate method of ActionForm
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:49:39 GMT
Hi,

I have ActionForm bean - A which contains another
javabean B.

public class A extends ActionForm
//Attribute
   B b = new B();

public class B
   String name;

In the jsp we use

In Class A we also override the valdiate method

ActionErrors errors
if (b.name == null){
  errors = = new ActionErrors();
  errors.add("b.name",new ActionError("Name cannot be
blank"));
}
return errors;

When I put the validate method in my bean I get error

No input attribute for mapping path
/delegatordelegatename (This is the Action mapping
name).

without the validate method it works fine.

Pls. tell me where I am making the mistake.

-Sanjay